With the ever-growing pressures in healthcare,
Regain control over your work-life?
Take your leadership to the next level?
Learn skills to enhance your communication, efficiency, and productivity?
Move from burnout to thriving?
Find more calm and peace of mind?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, you’ve come to the right place. My coaching will help you develop strategies to replenish yourself and give you what you need to handle the career demands you face. As your coach, I help you see new options, rediscover a sense of meaning, learn new skills, build resilience, and figure out the right path forward.
Whether you are an executive in the C-suite, a frontline clinician, an academician, or a physician researcher, my coaching will help you manage whatever challenges you face. By phone, Skype, or in person, I provide a sounding board so you can test out ideas in a completely confidential setting.
Having coached over 300 physician leaders and physicians, and as a practicing physician who has worked in an unusually broad array of clinical and nonclinical roles, I understand both the external and the internal challenges faced by physicians in a wide variety of specialties.
Whether you are experiencing physician burnout, are progressing in a leadership position, are considering a career transition, or simply want greater peace of mind, coaching with me is a highly effective way to rapidly move forward, learn how to focus on your strengths, and develop and believe in YOUR definition of success. With me as your physician coach, you gain an ally and champion. My only agenda is to help you reach your goals and lead your most fulfilling career and life. Since you only get one life, now is the time to live as well as you possibly can.
You’ll be stretched to reach your goals but I make the coaching process enjoyable, decreasing your stress level from the very beginning. You’ll find yourself having more balance and leading the career YOU define as successful.
My coaching will help you:
Improve leadership skills
- Manage relationships and change
- Leverage your strengths
- Decrease reactivity
- Develop your authentic leadership presence and voice
- Improve emotional intelligence
- Recognize your blind spots
- Build confidence and decisiveness
- Reduce stress
Combat physician burnout
- Regain your sense of purpose
- Increase conflict management skills
- Move from being struck to taking action
- Learn simple and quick mindfulness activities to decrease reactivity and increase calm
- Improve interpersonal and team relationships
- Boost your resilience to change
Move forward with challenges and goals:
- Career transitions
- Major life decisions
- Areas where you feel stuck
- Competing work and family demands
- Conflict management
- Moving toward something you’ve always wanted
Contact me for further information.
Having worked in a wide variety of professional roles, you will be coached by someone who understands the rigors of your work, the unrealistic demands on your time, and the fact that the many pressures in healthcare make it difficult for you to flourish as an individual. Working with me, you won’t have to explain the nuances. As your physician coach, I become your ally and champion, applauding all your successes, small and large. I also believe in the power of laughter! You will find coaching a welcome relief from the seriousness of your days.
If any of the following ring true for you, you will benefit from coaching:
- You are growing into a larger leadership role
- You want to improve communication and conflict management skills
- You are expert in caring for patients but find it difficult to make yourself a priority
- You want to lead in a way that is authentic for you
- You want to get out from feeling like an imposter
- You want skills to improve work and personal relationships
- You have been told that you would benefit from coaching
- You are your harshest critic
- You want to have better stress management and work-life balance
- You feel like there will never be enough time to do the things that truly matter to you
- You want to move from barely surviving to thriving
If you are truly committed to making changes, things will shift very rapidly. Working with me, you will find yourself leading a much more satisfying work and personal life.
By entering into a coaching relationship with me, you will:
- Have complete confidentiality
- Become a much more confident, decisive, and effective leader
- Master the challenges that get in the way of achieving your professional goals
- Have a realistic accountability structure to help you do what you say you want to do
- Become more grounded, focused, and centered
- Have a strong advocate who facilitates your growth and change
- Develop better stress management and work-life balance
- Gain clarity about your authentic goals and core values
- Improve skills in caring for yourself – every bit as well as you care for your patients
- Learn how to live your best life – NOW. There is no reason to wait for retirement!
- Be coached by someone who has worked in the following capacities in my 25-year career – director of the pain and palliative care programs at a major Boston HMO, CMO, hospitalist on the complex surgical services at a major Harvard teaching hospital, hospice medical director, emergency room extender, primary care internist, regional medical director of a large national hospice chain, academician, and entrepreneur. As a result, I understand what almost all physicians and healthcare executives grapple with on a daily basis.
- Be coached by a physician who has completed rigorous coach training and certification at the Coaches Training Institute, one of the foremost coaching programs in the country.
Professional, career, and leadership coaching have a well-recognized presence in the business world and are moving into the healthcare arena. Creation of the Institute of Coaching at McLean Hospital, a Harvard Medical School Affiliate AND Dr. Atul Gawande’s 2011 New Yorker article about coaching for physicians are emblematic of this trend.