Overcome the daily pressures and unrealistic expectations.
Break free of self-defeating beliefs.
Overcome the daily pressures of unrealistic
expectations and break free of self-critical beliefs.
Overcome the daily pressures of unrealistic expectations and break free of self-critical beliefs.
What Is Physician Coaching?
These are tough times for physicians. Whether it’s the EMR or the emphasis on productivity, many physicians are finding that expectations are increasingly unrealistic. We are in an era of heightened scrutiny and accountability but the metrics being used don’t always account for all that we do. Control over our practice environments is decreasing and our roles are increasingly defined by non-physicians. Given that so much gets in the way of simply doing our best for patients, it’s no surprise that levels of burnout are high.
Benefits of Using a Physician Coach:
The benefits of Physician Coaching are truly life changing.
Become a much more confident, decisive, and effective leader
Master the challenges that get in the way of achieving your professional goals
Have a realistic accountability structure to help you do what you say you want to do
Become more grounded, focused, and centered
Have a strong advocate who facilitates your growth and change
Develop better stress management and work-life balance
Gain clarity about your authentic goals and core values
Improve skills in caring for yourself – every bit as well as you care for your patients
Learn how to live your best life – NOW. There is no reason to wait for retirement!
Be coached by someone who has worked in the following capacities in her 25-year career – director of the pain and palliative care programs at a major Boston HMO, CMO, hospitalist on the complex surgical services at a major Harvard teaching hospital, hospice medical director, emergency room extender, primary care internist, regional medical director of a large national hospice chain, academician, and entrepreneur. As a result, Dr. Gazelle understand what almost all physicians and healthcare executives grapple with on a daily basis.
Be coached by a physician who has completed rigorous coach training and certification at the Coaches Training Institute, one of the foremost coaching programs in the country.
What clients are saying about Dr. Gail Gazelle’s Physician Coaching
Physician Coaching Quiz:
Take this quick, simple test to see if you could benefit from Physician Coaching. Score one point for each statement that is true for you:
- I am expert in caring for my patients but don’t seem to have the skills needed to care for myself.
- There will never be enough time to do the things that truly matter to me.
- It often feels like the sense of purpose I had when I entered medical school has been beaten out of me.
- I believe that I am an imposter.
- The stresses of work interfere with my personal relationships.
- I often feel overwhelmed by the demands on my time.
- Other people believe that I am successful but I don’t see it that way.
- I’d like to better understand the challenges that get in the way of my personal and professional achievement and move past them.
- I would benefit from working with my own champion, sounding board, and accountability partner to help me take clear and compelling action towards my goals.
- I want to be happier now – and not wait until I retire!
- 0-3: could benefit from coaching
- 4-6: could strongly benefit from coaching
- 7-10: let’s stop counting…
Rx: If you scored 4 or higher, you could greatly benefit from working with a physician coach. Please consider engaging my services or those of another physician coach. If the “fit” is right with me, we will partner to identify, affirm, and build on your strengths to help you live a more fulfilled life
By phone, Skype, or in-person, you will:
- Learn how to stay afloat despite increasing external demands
- Build leadership skills
- Improve efficiency and productivity
- Improve your ability to manage conflict
- Heighten your empathy for patients and improve your Press Ganey scores
- Increase calm
- Regain your sense of purpose
- Find more meaning and satisfaction
- Develop a healthy sense of control over your life
- In a completely confidential setting, have a physician coach who will be your non-judgmental ally and champion