You want to perform at your best, achieve your goals, advance in your career. You also want more peace of mind, balance between work and family, and a sense that there’s time for you.
Performance without fulfillment is empty. Fulfillment without performance is unrewarding. Your level of performance and fulfillment go hand in hand. Achieving both, you transform the paradigm of your work. And your life.
Pressures on physicians and physician leaders are unprecedented and ever-growing. You probably feel this every day and training leaves you ill-prepared to cope with the demands. It feels like there is simply never enough time. Coaching provides you with the skills and support you need to meet those demands, and offers a roadmap to manage your energy. You will learn how to master your most precious resource: you.
In our coaching, we will utilize evidence-based approaches: Mindfulness, Neuroscience, Emotional intelligence, Leadership development, Resilience training, and Appreciative Inquiry.
You will gain:
- Improved attention, focus, and decision-making
- Greater compassion for yourself and others
- Increased efficiency and productivity
- Improved brain function
- Tools to sharpen every aspect of your performance
- More calm
The truly Successful MD attains both fulfillment and peak performance.
By phone, Skype, or in person, in 1:1 or group coaching programs for physicians and physician leaders, retreats, keynotes, and workshops, we help physicians perform at their best no matter what challenges they face.
Benefits of Using a Physician Coach:
- Complete confidentiality
- Become a much more confident, decisive, and effective leader
- Master the challenges that get in the way of achieving your professional goals
- Have a realistic accountability structure to help you do what you say you want to do
- Become more grounded, focused, and centered
- Have a strong advocate who facilitates your growth and change
- Develop better stress management and work-life balance
- Gain clarity about your authentic goals and core values
- Improve skills in caring for yourself – every bit as well as you care for your patients
- Learn how to live your best life – NOW. There is no reason to wait for retirement!
- Be coached by someone who has worked in the following capacities in my 25-year career – director of the pain and palliative care programs at a major Boston HMO, CMO, hospitalist on the complex surgical services at a major Harvard teaching hospital, hospice medical director, emergency room extender, primary care internist, regional medical director of a large national hospice chain, academician, and entrepreneur. As a result, I understand what almost all physicians and healthcare executives grapple with on a daily basis.
- Be coached by a physician who has completed rigorous coach training and certification at the Coaches Training Institute, one of the foremost coaching programs in the country.
Professional, career, and leadership coaching have a well-recognized presence in the business world and are moving into the healthcare arena. Creation of the Institute of Coaching at McLean Hospital, a Harvard Medical School Affiliate AND Dr. Atul Gawande’s 2011 New Yorker article about coaching for physicians are emblematic of this trend.